2 cups finely ground digestive biscuits, Martha's was just 1 cup
6 tablespoon butter, melted, I used salted butter, Martha's was just 3 tbsp
11/2 cups sugar
200 g strawberries, I used 170g strawberry conserve and added 30ml water and blitz in a food processor and pass through a fine sieve
900g cream cheese
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs
juice of about half a lemon, Martha's didn't have this
1. Preheat oven to 170C. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners, I used a medium paper liner, no 8. Stir together ground digestive biscuits and melted butter. Press 1 tablespoon crust firmly into the bottom of each lined cup. Bake until set, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
2. Process the strawberry conserve and liquid, pass through a fine sieve. I omitted sugar as I used conserve, otherwise if you are using fresh strawberries, add 2 tablespoons sugar.
3. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat cream cheese until fluffy, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed. With mixer on low speed, add 1 1/2 cups sugar in a ste
ady stream, add salt and vanilla until well combined. Add eggs one by one until well incorporated, do not over beat at this point!
4. Spoon 3 tablespoon filling over crust in each cup. Dollop 1/2 teaspoon strawberry puree in a few dots, and using a toothpick, swirl the puree into the filling. Place each tin in a roasting pan, pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to come to three quarters of the way up sides of the cups. This is to prevent the cakes from sinking when baked.
5. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes. Carefully remove tins from the water bath and let cool completely and chill in the fridge for at least for hours before removing from the tins.